- Halcyon Health is a dietetic private practice. Our registered dietitians counsel clients who need help managing various health conditions and are 100% telehealth based for your convenience.
- We offer anywhere from one session that lasts up to 75 minutes, follow up sessions that last up to 45 minutes, and also offer counseling packages from 1 to 6 months.
Getting Started with Halcyon Health
We are currently licensed to serve clients in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New York
- West Virginia
Self-pay discounted rates
Initial Nutrition Assessment (60-90 minutes): $150
Follow up appointment (up to 45 minutes): $95
Inquire for special pricing on packages
For self-pay clients we also offer a sliding scale payment system. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
We bill our full rate when using your insurance benefits of $200 per hour.
Insurance Disclaimer: A quote of benefits and/or authorization does not guarantee payment or verify eligibility. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Every effort will be made by this office to have all services and procedures preauthorized by your health insurance company.
We are currently in network with Cigna and Aetna.
For out-of-network benefits, please call the number on the back of your insurance card to ask a representative about your plan.
To verify the benefits your plan offers, call the number on the back of your card. Ask the representative:
- What are my benefits for nutrition counseling by a registered dietitian?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits?
- Does it matter why I’m going? Some insurance plans have restrictions, you may want to ask about the specific reasons you are seeing a dietitian.
- Are telehealth visits covered the same as in-office visits?
Chronic Kidney Disease
Food Allergies or Food intolerances
Inflammatory or autoimmune disorders
Yes we offer a free consultation to discuss your health goals and motivation for change. We find that a symbiotic client relationship produces the greatest results for our clients.
Halcyon dietitians stay up-to-date with nutrition science and only provide recommendations based on current research. We practice using a client-center approach, meaning our clients are autonomous decision makers. Our role is to support you so you can make the best decisions possible, and not make decisions based on fear.
It also involves putting our interests behind those of our client and offering the most appropriate solutions for you. While their intent is on target, many health professionals are not client–centered.
- First we aren’t knocking Noom or any other company with the intention of improving the health of their clients.
- Noom is a weight loss app and intended for that sole purpose and for some people an app works great. Our clients benefit from our one-on-one sessions with a registered dietitian who believes in providing recommendations and counseling specific to your unique needs. We not only help our clients with weight management, we assist in lifestyle modifications that can help manage or even reverse some chronic diseases.
Starting your Journey to Health
Everyone is different and we do not pressure our clients into buying more sessions than they need. We do suggest that you participate in one initial nutrition assessment (up to 75 minutes) and one follow up session (up to 45 minutes).
Initial Nutrition Assessment: Up to 75 minutes
Follow-up Sessions: Up to 45 minutes
Our registered dietitians are highly trained and studied in nutrition and food science. We commit ourselves to stay up-to-date on the current research and provide evidence based recommendations to our clients.
Our dietitians are credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration ( https://www.cdrnet.org/) and licensed and credentialed healthcare professionals in their respective states.
Registered Dietitians translate the science of nutrition and apply this knowledge to help improve the health of people. All dietitians are nutritionists, but not all nutritionists are dietitians. The term “dietitian” is well-regulated and requires the following to become credentialed to declare themselves as registered dietitians:
- Registered Dietitians have completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies. Typically, a practice program will run six to 12 months in length.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). For more information regarding the examination, refer to CDR’s website at www.cdrnet.org.
- Completed continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.
The future is here and that means telehealth has taken the forefront in providing convenient patient care. We still get to see your beautiful faces and you get to see ours. Our telehealth platforms also allows us to chat more frequently and answer client questions between sessions.
You need either a computer or cell phone that’s capable of video. That’s all! We provide a safe and secure platform called Healthie to provide you with a seamless experience. You can use the web version on your computer or download the app on your phone. Healthie lets you create your own profile where you can track your appointments, invoices, health goals, use the chat feature, monitor your metrics like weight, and you can sync it with your fitness tracking device!
Absolutely! We use HIPAA compliant software and protocols to keep your information safe.